Town Clerk

The Town Clerk’s office is open to the public; however, the Town Clerk has temporarily opened all land records without a subscription.  This will enable you to see and print all land records and survey maps recorded after 1975.  Please follow the directions under the Town Clerk land records section on the Town Clerk’s website page.

Recordings are being accepted in person, through the mail, or in the drop box at the front of the town hall.  They will be processed within 24 hours (Monday through Thursday) and will be mailed out as soon as possible.

If you are in need of assistance concerning birth, marriage, or death certificates, please come in, send an email, or leave a voice message.

Hunting and Fishing Licenses and Permits

The Town Clerk’s office is open to the public, you may come in or go to the DEEP website where fishing licenses can be purchased online. 🐟🎣 👇…/Gene…/Fisheries-Licenses-and-Permits

Town Clerk  Pam Theroux
Assistant Town Clerk  Beth Taylor
Phone  860- 376-4089
Fax  860- 376-3295

115 Main Street, PO Box 96, Voluntown, CT 06384

Office Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9AM -4PM
Tuesday 9AM- 7PM
Closed Fridays

Contact or Visit the Town Clerk’s Office Regarding:

Absentee Ballots & Voter Registration for all Elections and Referenda  

Boards and Commissions’ Agendas/Minutes

Certified copies of Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates-$20 per copy Mail to: Voluntown Town Hall, Town Clerk’s Office, PO Box 96, Voluntown, CT 06384

Change of Name Certificates

Dog Licenses; Required for all dogs six months of age or over. Rabies certificate is required. License fees: $8.00 spayed/neutered dogs – $19.00 male or female dogs

Deeds and Maps (Survey/Subdivision)

Hunting and Fishing Licenses and Guides–Including Archery and Trapping Licenses, Deer and Turkey Permits, Duck Stamps and H.I.P. Permits. Free lifetime licenses age 65 or over. All licenses expire December 31st

Justice of the Peace (Marriages)

Land Records, deeds, releases, recording information and transaction research 

The land records have been temporarily unlocked with out a subscription in an effort to reduce foot traffic.  You may search using the “Browser Search” with any search engine.  However, if  you prefer to search using the “Subscription Users”, you must use Internet Explorer or it will not work.  The user name and password are both Voluntown.

Liquor Permits (Filing)

Marriage Licenses–Issued in Town of occurrence–I.D. required–$50 fee

Notary Public–Applications available in Town Clerk’s Office–Submitted to Secretary of the State–Notary Certificate filed with Town Clerk

Ordinances and Special Acts

Trade Name Certificates

Veteran Discharge Papers (DD214) – Form DD-214 must be recorded in town of residence, before October 1st, one time only

Genealogist Information

Connecticut General Statute section 7-51a allows genealogists access to all vital records to conduct genealogical research, except those that are deemed confidential. Also, records containing social security numbers that are protected by federal law cannot be directly accessed. (Births occurring after November 1, 1990/deaths and marriages occurring after July 1, 1997) To ensure eligibility, a valid membership card issued by one of the Connecticut genealogical societies must be presented. For a list go to: