Please note: there will be limited office coverage during the months of May & June. Most forms available through the Assessor’s office are listed and printable via the links below. Property record cards and maps may be printed from the public use terminal located in the office of the Town Clerk. Due to the nature of the Assessor’s work, it is always advisable to call ahead to be sure she is available to meet with you or plan accordingly. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

05/07/18- the office will be unstaffed to accommodate the Assessor’s attendance of an education offering.

05/08/18-Assessor’s public hours are 6p-8p.

Normally, the Town Hall Aide is available to assist 9a-2p Monday-Thursday, but will be on vacation for the following dates:  5/7, 5/8, 5/14-5/22, and 6/18-6/22. Please plan accordingly.

Email and voice messages left for the Assessor will be answered on Mondays and Tuesdays during regular office hour ( shown below).

Assessor Jody L. Heon, CCMAI


Phone  860-376-3927


The Assessor’s hours are Monday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Tuesday 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
For property information–go to Vision Appraisal’s website.

For access to property maps go to NECCOG’s website

The Voluntown Assessor’s office is responsible for the discovery, listing and valuation of all real estate, personal property and motor vehicles within the town and in accordance with Connecticut General Statutes.  The Assessor’s office also administers various exemption programs.

Voluntown’s Current mill rate for the October 1, 2016 Grand List is 29.45

Real Estate:  Real estate is assessed at 70% of fair market value as of the date of last revaluation.  The last town-wide revaluation was conducted for the October 1, 2015 Grand List.  The next scheduled revaluation is for the October 1, 2020 Grand List.

Personal Property:  All owners of taxable Personal Property located in the Town of Voluntown are required to file a Personal Property Declaration with the Assessor on or before November 1st pursuant to CGS 12-41.  This includes all persons conducting business, professionals, occupations or trades, farmers, owners of unregistered motor vehicles, owners of non-Connecticut registered motor vehicles, recreational vehicle owners that are located in Voluntown, Mobile Manufactured Homes not assessed as Real Estate and owners of horses, ponies and thoroughbreds.

Motor Vehicle Tax Adjustments and Removal:  The Assessor’s office is also responsible for the adjustment and removal of motor vehicles that appear on  the taxable grand list as allowed by Connecticut State Statutes.  Two appropriate forms of proof must be provided in the time allowed to substantiate claims of vehicles sold, stolen and not recovered, totaled, junked or vehicles registered in another state.

Exemptions,  Elderly Tax Relief, Totally Disabled, Veterans and Blind Individuals

Elderly/Totally Disabled Application

Totally Disabled Exemption Application

Veterans and Blind Exemptions

Application for Additional Veterans Exemption

Application for Farm Land Classification

Application for Forest Land Classification

Application for Solar/Geothermal Energy Exemption

Declaration short 2017 GL PP **Due 11/1/2017

BAA Application Form 2017   **Deadline to file an appeal is February 20, 2018