Telephone Number 860-774-1253
The NECCOG Animal Services Program is a service of the Northeastern Connecticut Council of Governments. A pamphlet containing information on hours, fees, adoption services and directions–is available at the Town Hall or visit their website at neccog.org.
NECCOG Animal Services are available after hours and weekends on an emergency basis only. The following are classified as an emergency:
1) Domestic Animals hit by Vehicles and Still Alive
2) People bitten by domestic animals and wildlife
3) Domestic Animals bitten by Wildlife on other domestic animals
4) If you have captured a stray dog
5) Stray Domestic Animals showing signs of illness.
PLEASE NOTE: They do not deal with wildlife unless it fits into one of the above categories. For wildlife problems, please call 860-424-3333.
DONATIONS NEEDED: NECCOG ANIMAL SERVICES WISH LIST
- Licensing is done at the Voluntown Town Hall Clerk’s office
- Licenses required for all dogs six months of age or over.
- Rabies inoculation certificate is required.
- State-imposed $60.00 penalty for unlicensed dogs.
- All dogs are licensed yearly during the month of June.
- FEES: $8.00 spayed/neutered dogs – $19.00 male or female dogs – $51.00 kennel license. $1.00 per month late fee applied after July 1st.